Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast (and some console programs) not correctly displaying
18.01.2019 14:31, Andrei Borzenkov пишет:

Telcontar:~ # yast sw_single

I can't paste the result, because there is translation, but I see that
the arrows are incorrect.

I see single incorrect down arrow symbol. If you look at terminfo for
xterm, definition for down arrow (actually all four arrows) is
missing. It works correctly on Linux console. So this particular case
does not appear to be YaST issue at all.

BTW this is also displayed incorrectly in UTF-8 locale which means it is
totally unrelated to discussed issue.

Down arrow is the only character that is displayed incorrectly.
ncurses-based programs actually send 'v' character (which is ASCII
approximation) after shifting to ACS which is displayed by terminal as
something resembling up tack character (except it looks shifted up half
line height). This happens in xterm, xfce terminal and gnome terminal.

... 'v' indeed is translated to this character at least by gnome
terminal and I suppose others too - which maps to special DEC line
graphics. It looks like like ncurses issue. It probably should not emit
smacs sequence when it is going to emit plain ASCII approximation
instead of character from acsc.