Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast (and some console programs) not correctly displaying
  • From: Joachim Wagner <jwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:24:46 +0000
[...] I suspect that I got the problem when I chose
"Server" instead of "Desktop with KDE" in the installer and that the
"Server" profile doesn't set an UTF-8 locale (which is reasonable for a
server).

Negative. I just tried default server installs with 15.0 and 42.3 without
updates in a VM and yast is fine on the console. Searching for LC, en_, ISO
and UTF in `env` I only see LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8.

If I change this variable to POSIX (export LC_CTYPE=POSIX), yast is still
fine.

Joachim