Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast (and some console programs) not correctly displaying
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:31:49 +0300
On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 1:28 PM Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 18/01/2019 11.09, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 10:39 AM Rainer Hantsch <> wrote:

This should be fixed anyways.

This thread is on development list. It contains zero factual
information (openSUSE version, exact locale settings, exact terminal,
exact $TERM value, screenshot of incorrect display, programs that
exhibit problem and their invocation) that would allow someone to at
least attempt to reproduce this issue.

I suggest one way (Leap 15.0 here) to reproduce. I use this script to
get iso encoding terminal:

Telcontar:~ # cat /usr/local/bin/isoxterm
#!/bin/sh
LANG=en_US.ISO-8859-1 LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1 /usr/bin/xterm -bd blue &
Telcontar:~ #

Telcontar:~ # yast sw_single

I can't paste the result, because there is translation, but I see that
the arrows are incorrect.

I see single incorrect down arrow symbol. If you look at terminfo for
xterm, definition for down arrow (actually all four arrows) is
missing. It works correctly on Linux console. So this particular case
does not appear to be YaST issue at all.