Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast (and some console programs) not correctly displaying
On 18/01/2019 11.09, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 10:39 AM Rainer Hantsch <> wrote:

This should be fixed anyways.

This thread is on development list. It contains zero factual
information (openSUSE version, exact locale settings, exact terminal,
exact $TERM value, screenshot of incorrect display, programs that
exhibit problem and their invocation) that would allow someone to at
least attempt to reproduce this issue.

I suggest one way (Leap 15.0 here) to reproduce. I use this script to
get iso encoding terminal:

Telcontar:~ # cat /usr/local/bin/isoxterm
#!/bin/sh
LANG=en_US.ISO-8859-1 LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1 /usr/bin/xterm -bd blue &
Telcontar:~ #

Then I call it:

Telcontar:~ # isoxterm &

I get an xterm with the appropriate locale:

Telcontar:~ # locale
LANG=en_US.ISO-8859-1
LC_CTYPE="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_TIME="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_PAPER="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_NAME="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1
Telcontar:~ #

Then run yast:

Telcontar:~ # yast sw_single

I can't paste the result, because there is translation, but I see that
the arrows are incorrect. This is a quick test, I don't know which
windows show more errors, and this one is not that important; maybe
Rainer can point others?

Also, you can see that the "view by repository" is missing.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)