Re: [opensuse-factory] snapshoot 20181224 plain hardware installation fails network
  • From: H Zeng <zhx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 19:57:20 +0800
On Monday, 31 December 2018 18:29:55 HKT Simon Becherer wrote:
Hi,

Am 30.12.18 um 14:06 schrieb H Zeng:
installation and I got DHCP available after entering the desktop (KDE
Plasma).
thats the point, i do not have dhcp inside the network, and if i make
a setup with fixed ipv4 addresses, the snapshot will ignore the fixed
addresses and will use dhcp. (and this will fail inside my network)
this i have reproduced (2 times installed from this snapshoot).
I guess I have read you wrong. So your problem is the system still "search"es
for address when the fixed IPv4 address was set during installation. That's
something unknown to me.

Sorry, I do not know what "mc" is.

is "midnight commander"
the point here is, if i go inside setup into the list for additional
software, then installation will show a huge bunch of additional
to installed software, and in my case, yast modules are then installed
correct.
if i do not go into the installation of addidtional software, there
where at least some yast moduls not automatically installed (but they should
be)
(this was the difference between my two installations)
This is weird. I thought the modules to be installed is preset in the setup
process. Maybe this is a bug but I could not reproduce.

.. happy new year !!!
Happy new year! (And maybe this is the reason that not many replies to your
post :)) Good luck!

simoN

--
www.becherer.de/AGB