[opensuse-factory] New package: named-ad-blocker
Hello factory,

I'd like to propose adding named-ad-blocker to the server:dns
development project:

named-ad-blocker configures named(8) to block DNS requests for
ad-serving websites.

After installation, named(8) will respond with "unknown domain" to
any request
for a domain on a configurable list of domains that are known to
primarily serve
website advertisements. By configuring named(8) as the DNS server
for you network,
you can enjoy a more ad-free web browsing experience.

named-ad-blocker relies on the response policy zone support in named(8).

The list of domain names to block is automatically updated
regularly on a weekly
basis, or at any time via /usr/lib/named-ad-blocker/named-ad-blocker-update.

The URL for the blacklist is configured in /etc/sysconfig/named.

I'm happy to play the role of maintainer for this package (I'm also
the original author).

Here's the package currently in my home project:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:archie172/named-ad-blocker

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs