Re: [opensuse-factory] New xfce look coming to Tumbleweed
On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 08:36:12AM +0800, Maurizio Galli (MauG) wrote:
Hello!

I'd like to share with you all that xfce will have a new default look soon
in Tumbleweed, for new installations. Here below is a recap of the changes:

* GTK theme: Mint-Y-Darker-Teal (modern look that uses teal as highlight,
matching openSUSE color schemes)
* xfwm4 theme: Mint-Y-Dark-Teal
* icon theme:  elementary-xfce (inspired by Tango and Elementary)
* Font: Noto Sans  has a wide support for different languages, including
Asian languages and emojis making it a good default.
* Font: Hack is cool and one of the most complete monospace fonts around
* Font: Hint Slight is usually considered a better default for hinting
* Font: Added "rgb" value, recommended setting for LCD screens (if font
looks like a "rainbow" you need to enable lcd filter in Yast > Font module)

Please note that these changes will only affect new installations of TW with
xfce and only if xfce4-branding-openSUSE sub-packages are installed.
Existing users should not be affected by this.

Preview here: https://imgur.com/a/le5Dred

IMO that changes are welcome, I was actually going to write an email
suggesting a theme called 'metatheme-geeko' as I just installed it and
it solved some local "problems".

Nice to see xfce is getting so much attention.

thanks,
srl

--
Maurizio Galli (MauG)