Re: [opensuse-factory] Rebuild required for perl-Module-Build
On Thu, 2018-12-20 at 16:14 +0100, Stefan Brüns wrote:
On Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2018 22:28:14 CET Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
On Wed, 2018-12-19 at 22:08 +0100, Stefan Brüns wrote:
Hi everyone,

currently several perl packages are unresolvable due to an outdated perl-
Module-Build package (built for perl-5.26.2) in openSUSE:Factory.

Can someone trigger a rebuild?

There is nothing to do here for the time being - except wait: we just
checked in perl 5.28 and it will take a while for everything to
settle again on this.

Don't build against /standard if you're so easily startled by a few
unresolvasbles

Thats not my decision, I just branch the devel project whenever I want to
submit a fix. I have to live with the repositories from the devel project.

perl-Module-Build was hanging there as "succeeded" while being unresolvable
as
a dependency for several hours. What has triggered the rebuild?

So: the rebuild was nescessary due to perl being updated to 5.28. This
in turn requires rebuilding all perl modules in the distro.

There is a bot taking care of spotting packages that 'lost their
install deps and triggers a rebuild of them' - in many cases this is
what's needed to get things back to life (same for Perl); there are a
small number of packages that usually fail afterwards (stuff not
compatible with Perl 5.28

Seems in this last category there is currently only one package left:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/openSUSE:Factory/perl-Test-PerlTidy/standard/x86_64

Everything else seems to have rebuilt properly and should be abailable
in snapshot 1219

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >