Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Unable to find pandoc-citeproc
  • From: Chris Coutinho <chrisbcoutinho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 15:08:27 +0100
On Dec-16-18, Peter Simons wrote:
Hi Chris,

> Thanks for tip about using osc, it seems the
> 'devel:languages:haskell:lts:12' is the one I
> was looking for.
>
> It's not quite clear to me why there's a
> separate LTS repo besides the original devel
> one, but I digress.

Stackage LTS releases are intended to be used only with a
particular version of the Haskell compiler. LTS-12, for
example, requires ghc-8.4.4. In Tumbleweed, however, we have
the latest compiler: ghc-8.6.3. Therefore, we cannot easily
include every LTS package in Tumbleweed. We might very well
be able to include pandoc-citeproc, though, since we have
pandoc already. I guess I never bothered including it simply
because I don't use it personally. Anyway, I'll take a look
and check how hard it would be to add it to Factory.

Best regards,
Peter

Thanks for the reply Peter,

I would really appreciate it if you could take a look and consider
including it into Tumbleweed.

Have a nice weekend,
Chris