Re: [opensuse-factory] Sound static
  • From: Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 17:01:03 +0000
On Saturday, 15 December 2018 12:52:42 GMT stakanov wrote:
In data sabato 15 dicembre 2018 12:51:59 CET, Ianseeks ha scritto:
Hi

Does anyone else get static on sound when trying to watch something on
Youtube and running kmail/kontact at the same time? It happens with
Chromium/vivaldi. It can be inconsistent as to it happening but it does
happen more times than not.

regards

Ian
I would claim this is a problem of pulseaudio.
I had:
with vlc = intense and unpleasant whistling sound for 15 minutes, until
shutting down all browsers and a vlc instance, leaving only a muted kaffeine,
registering from satellite. Also unexpected unmuting, muting with no sound
everywhere for apparently no reason. Restarting pulseaudio helped.
sound alteration during reproduction of youtube videos from FF, Chromium.
I find Opera to be very reliable on TW, you should give it a try when it
comes
to video. My experiences of Vivaldi are more negative than positive.

I do use Opera at times as well, just not for youtube. I have managed to clear
the static at times by starting and stopping kmail a few times but that does
not always work. There have been cases when the advert that sometimes precedes
the video is fine but as soon as the video starts it goes wrong.
I've just been trying it again and i cannot get it to go wrong. Its all so
random.

Ihre E-Mail-Postf�cher sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte
E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20181213
Qt: 5.11.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.52.0 - KDE Plasma: 5.14.4 - kwin 5.14.4