Re: [opensuse-factory] Start displaymanager only if monitor is connected
  • From: Joachim Wagner <jwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 08:35:05 +0000
Generally, I'd say it's a bug in KDE if widget placement gets messed up just
because one forgets to switch on the screen.

[...] I have not figured out a way to boot to graphical target
automatically when monitor is switched on and boot to
multi-user.target when monitor is switched off.

Have you considered something like

currernt_target=get_current_runlevel_target
desired_target=get_desired_runlevel_target

if [ "$current_target" = "$desired_target" ]; then
echo "continuing boot..."
else
echo "wrong runlevel target; switching..."
set_runlevel_target $desired_target
shutdown -r now
fi

Joachim