Re: [opensuse-factory] Discuss here before Bugzilla?
On 01/12/2018 13.50, stakanov wrote:
In data venerdì 30 novembre 2018 14:19:06 CET, Johannes Meixner ha scritto:
Hello,

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
reads (excerpt):
or opensuse).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner

I understand your point. But I think you should give explicit(!) examples of
such reports, so we can understand better?

I don't. I thought he was asking for that paragraph to be removed.

My point would be: when you post on factory, you have to be sure and certain
that you know already it is a bug, otherwise people complain and feel very
disturbed by the noise, even if it is TW.

In fact, some are disturbed by the noise and tell one to write the
bugzilla directly, without asking on the list.

They generally send you to opensuse
main mailing-list, were however the audience appears not apt to get involved
in this kind of dept, has often not the same hardware or is not reacting at
all. Or, ...send you to factory list (IMO there is still a lot of confusion
on
which list what should go, YMMW, this is purely subjective, as I did not find
anything objective).
Now if somebody opens a bug after a week or so, is this still "not seeking
sufficiently for support"?

Maybe a solution would be, that threads seeking for help are at least
assisted
on the lists with the correct commands or at least hints for the CLI to
debug
or at least answering them were to find the information, even if this is some
bother and loss of time. In all cases I am quite furiously against the
"google
it" answer that I deem a public nuisance worse than to double post or to post
on the "wrong" list. Even RTHM does imply that the user in case knows what
the
HM is!

cer@Telcontar:~> wtf RTHM
Gee... I don't know what RTHM means...