[opensuse-factory] Switching default fonts to Source * Pro
Hi,

Originally suggested 3 or so years ago by Richard Brown on this list, and
rejected with huge backlash (but who am I to ignore controversial topics).

Default fonts are a part of distribution's identity and to some degree help
to show off beauty of the desktop. Our website branding is based on those
in particular, so it would be nice to follow that up with desktop part.

I have been using Source Sans Pro for a long time on the desktop, and
Source Code Pro in terminal. They work very well in those usecases, even
though I'm using smaller than usual font size in both scenarios (I am not
using serif fonts enough to judge that part, it just never comes up).

I would love to see Gnome desktop also following that trend, as it's using
Cantarell, despite YaST-Fonts and other default font utilities.

Also I am already sorry to openQA guys, I just cannot stop suggesting
changes that break tests :/

Speaking of controversial and fonts, how about default subpixel rendering
set on lcddefault and slight hinting?
There are some pretty cool examples from freetype folks about that stuff
[1, 2]. I would love to see cleaner and better looking fonts in openSUSE ;)

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world

[1] https://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/subpixel-hinting.html
[2] https://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/text-rendering-general.html#the-default-lcd-filter-for-subpixel-rendering-has-been-changed