Re: [opensuse-factory] Kmail crash on exit
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 17:54:34 +0200
Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2018, 15:05:40 CEST schrieb Michal Kubecek:
On Friday, 19 October 2018 12:35 Lince wrote:
On Friday, October 19, 2018 4:25:05 PM CST Ianseeks wrote:
On Friday, 19 October 2018 09:23:46 BST Ianseeks wrote:
Hi

Since the last snapshot, kmail crashes on exit via File/Quit.
Anyone else have this issue? I reported it via the bug handler.
Works okay as long as i don't quit :)

regards

Ian

damn.. it crashed 3 times in a row, now it works since i sent the
above email.

It seems that it crashes only after reading new mails.

Do you mean _shortly_ after reading new mails? For a month or so, I'm
observing strange behaviour of kmail with new e-mails. If I read a new
mail too soon, it loses the "new" status but in a moment it gets it
back. And when I delete it after reading, it even reappears in the
folder (as "new"). So far it seems that this happens when I read a mail
before kmail finishes syncing the folder with IMAP server but I'm not
completely sure.

I usually see this when different devices access the same mail account -
laptop, desktop, cell phone, tablet....yes, partly all four are active.

Cheers
Axel