Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: package x86info should be removed from current releases: outdated/unmaintained
On 12/10/2018 02.29, L.A. Walsh wrote:
On 10/11/2018 3:10 AM, Martin Pluskal wrote:
On Wed, 2018-10-10 at 19:57 -0700, L A Walsh wrote:
Looks unmaintained.  Not sure, as current release seems undated
on website, but prev release (29) was from 2011.
Why would you think its unmaintained? openSUSE package is ~1 year old
git snapshot [1] and upstream is definitely active [2]. We dont drop
software just because it has bugs - I would suggest you report your
issues on github bugtracker of project.

Cheers

Martin

1. https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Base:System/x86info
2. https://github.com/kernelslacker/x86info/commits/master

P.S openSUSE package is apparently incorectly stated to be version 1.30
when it should be 1.30+gitXYZ
-----
    It also states the URL for the RPM as:
URL     http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/projects/x86info/

As I've already stated, I went to the website to either get a newer version
to test, or report the bug.  There was no project at that website.

I would suggest then that you create a bugzilla reporting the incorrect
URL and asking what is now the correct upstream for the project, as the
stated upstream seems dead.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.