Re: [opensuse-factory] A look on RPM compression in openSUSE
On Tuesday 2018-10-09 12:52, Dave Plater wrote:

On 08/10/2018 14:51, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
* Some of our packages are too fat. kicad-packages takes longer to compress
than the entire remaining distro at zstd-19 with 16x-parallelism.
In other words, a sufficiently parallelized system
may have to wait just for that one to complete.

Interesting, apart from the main kicad package which is a binary/python mix
the
other packages are all noarch text of which kicad-packages3D is enormous in
size. My assumption from this would be the need for a different compressor for
noarch packages.

noarch does not mean anything with regard to compression, just that it
does not (better: is believed to not have) any arch-specific content.