[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/40
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

During week 2018/40, some infrastructure issues (unavailability of
download.opensuse.org) hit us again – which meant we were not able to
get representative tests for new snapshots out for two days. This, in
turn, resulted in ‘only’ 3 snapshots being released this week: 0928,
1001 and fresh off the press: 1002.

The most relevant changes in those snapshots were:

* Linux kernel 4.18.9
* KDE Frameworks 5.50.0
* iptables 1.8.0
* Qt 5.11.2
* Mozilla Firefox 62.0.2
* GStreamer 1.14.3
* Java 11.0.0 – final release

The things in staging are largely unchanged since my last review – and
can benefit from extra eyes and hands looking after them:

* glibc 2.28, Python 3.7, openssl 1.1.1: the three all interdepend on
each other and cause a bunch of new failures – See Staging:C
* GNOME 3.30 – changes in GDM require adjustments in openQAs test
handling (gdm now shuts down after login)
* ncurses 6.1-20180707: breaks Xen (deprecations added, Xen builds
with -Werror)
* KDE Plasma 5.14.0 (currently, the beta 5.13.90 is being staged for
integration testing. WE will only ship once 5.14.0 is released)
* Linux kernel 4.18.11 and beyond
* GO 1.11 (currently, cri-o fails the test suite in this setup)

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages