Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal to remove pyc/pyo from Python on TW
  • From: Alberto Planas Dominguez <aplanas@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 11:24:40 +0200
On Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:07:50 PM CEST Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 10/4/18 2:41 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 2:36 PM Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
<snip>
There is a feature in the latest rpm versions: the %artifact attribute,
which actually would make sense to mark *.py[co] files with. And
there's an install filter switch for it, too.

This is already used for the newer upstream debuginfo stuff, too. It
should be present now with rpm 4.14.1, and I'm working on moving us to
rpm 4.14.2.

Sounds like one part of our problem is already solved. Now getting it
back to SLES 12 and SLES 15 that's a different question. And of course
fixing up all those python spec files......

I do not see it for sles12 nor 15, but for Tumbleweed. I think that I miss to
be clear that this is a Python 3.7 feature that is a backport for the still
not released 3.8.

I would not follow the -B path except for very specific uses cases that I do
not have in mind.

The %artifact idea sounds nice to me.

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)