Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal to remove pyc/pyo from Python on TW
On 2018-10-05T10:41:22, Alberto Planas Dominguez <aplanas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I would definitively not do that, as the traceback will lack context. Imagine
supporting a system that fails without pointing the source code that generate
the error. In my experience having the pys makes the debugging experience a
lot better.

That's what debug{info,source} are for. We obviously need a way to
translate the traceback from a system where those weren't installed at
the time of the trace, but that's not different from any other support
incident.

--
Architect SDS, Distinguished Engineer
(AG Nürnberg)