Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal to remove pyc/pyo from Python on TW
  • From: Alberto Planas Dominguez <aplanas@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 10:29:26 +0200
On Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:29:20 PM CEST Michael Ströder wrote:
On 10/4/18 5:11 PM, Alberto Planas Dominguez wrote:

I typically have several long-running services and CLI tools running
under separate service user accounts but using a similar set of modules.
So I'd expect your approach to cost more disk space.

I think that this is indeed the case for this scenario: running the same code
under different users will recreate the pyc under each user id.

Also I think that this can be resolved, using some better way to generate the
first pyc in the local cache.

Also for security reasons I'd not want a tool to write code somewhere.
It's bad practice to let a service account write code somewhere. It
would seriously trigger my paranoia if someone adds rules to AppArmor
profiles allowing that.

Another good point.

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)