Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal to remove pyc/pyo from Python on TW
On 10/5/18 7:15 AM, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
Can you share the definition of "small and slim". What is the target
size we want to get to and why does it matter if the image is a "bit"
bigger?

Ever downloaded an image at every boot via LTE?
That's what some of our customers are doing, as they don't want to
send technicians out in the wild to do that via usb stick.

Wouldn't that be a corner case though as Robert mentioned?

Not really, the number of thus machines is higher than in a
typical datacenter.

Hmm, do we have any numbers on this? Are these micro images now the most
common use case of openSUSE/SLE these days? Unless I am misunderstanding,
the suggested change would affect all installations of openSUSE/SLE while
the benefit would only be measurable for cloud instances.

Adrian