Re: [opensuse-factory] missing utility: fbset
Dr. Werner Fink composed on 2018-10-02 11:37 (UTC+0200):

AFAIK the are below /sys/class/graphics/fb0/ a file modes and a file mode
former provides a list with possible modes and by using one of those lines
e.g.

echo U:1920x1200p-0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode

it should be possible to set the mode. With a running X the xrandr
is more flexible

I can manage to get what I need (information, not a new mode) on my own puters
just fine with fbset. What I can't do is expect to get someone used to a GUI,
but stuck at a bash prompt, who is asking for help to fix his too tiny or
gigantic screen text problem to give me the information I need to help him fix
it by giving him a complicated instruction like you just provided instead of a
simple 'fbset' or 'inxi -Gxx'.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/