Re: [opensuse-factory] Please open bug 972463 (was: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180919 released!)
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 12:36:10 +0200
V Fri, 21 Sep 2018 09:49:09 +0200
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> napsáno:

On 21.09.18 09:40, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 21.09.18 um 09:24 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
On 20.09.18 19:23, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 20.09.18 um 16:00 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
==== netcfg ====

- Don't create /etc/HOSTNAME symlink anymore, the expected content
is slightly different from /etc/hostname [bsc#972463]

This one would be interesting to see.

BTW: as a result from my over 20 requests to open bugs, not a single one
was actually opened AFAICT (but I received short summaries of what the
bug was about).
I'm not blaming the bugshare-team, but questioning the general
usefulness of the process.

I opened it now - don't know who is in the bugshare-team

Doesnt't seem to have worked, I still get 'You are not authorized to access
bug #972463.'

That explains why none of your bugs were opened: the tool just doesn't
work as expected :)

"Unchecking all boxes makes this a more user accessible bug." - and all
boxes *are* unchecked. Then again I don't know what a 'more user
accessible bug' is.

Greetings, Stephan

I think that problem is actually this line
 This bug is open to SUSE Enterprise Partners

which means that SLE bugs is open only to enterprise partners. I worry that for
real opening you need to change product from SLE to opensuse.

But I agree that this bug is interesting as it bring various parties in SUSE
together to discuss how it should behave.

Josef