Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Proposal: Let's move to a more modern platform
Hello,

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018, Sean Marlow wrote:
On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 15:05 -0300, Ronan Chagas wrote:

Contra: e-mail / mailing-lists are easy to archive and to search
through.
Please show how to archive a "discourse" or other forum / chat
platform,
how easy can you search through older messages, even with complex
search
terms ?

It is archived in the server (why should we also have a local
archive?)

So, you've never have had a link / archive / whatever go dead on you?
You must be _really_ young. There's _TOOLS_ for checking for dead
links on webpages! Why'd you think they were written?

and the search function is pretty complete (at least in
discourse).

The openSUSE mailing lists are archived and available [1].

Although they aren't very searchable.

E.g. attempt at searching for this thread yields no results [2].

There's a) e.g. google, b) other, better searchable archives of this
list. And a local archive is easy. You can even download the archived
stuff from the ML-server, IIRC, and then search locally.

-dnh

--
I got an expresso maker at orkplace. Expresso maker is deemed too complex by
all but me & PFY. All expresso maker are belong to us. :) Caffeine is good.