Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: Let's move to a more modern platform
On 07/31/2018 07:55 PM, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
Am 31.07.2018 um 19:42 schrieb Ronan Chagas:
It is very difficult to search for a message (if you did not
archive everything, then you must rely on the on-line database), if
you delete a message, reply to that thread is not very
straightforward, etc. > […]
discourse (http://discourse.julialang.org). It turn out that it is
very good. In my opinion, much better than mailing lists using
e-mails >
So you're proposing an online database as replacement for some online
database? ;-)

That was also my first thought. ;-)

More seriously: I just don't get what's wrong with mailing lists.

+1

Especially I like that e-mails can be written while being off-line and sent later.

Every time I tried Discourse I got lost with it's overloaded and
bloated UI. > Too many buttons, smilies, BB code and stuff. Maybe I'm getting
too old
for such things...

We're on the same page.

Looking at all these "modern" bloat communication tools I really wonder why we gave up news servers. But yeah, this reveals: I'm old too.

That said, if there's real demand for some web-based clicky interface
I'd like to point out Hyperkitty from Fedora:
http://hyperkitty.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/

Looks interesting indeed.

Ciao, Michael.