[opensuse-factory] Re: Proposal: Let's move to a more modern platform
On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 19:42, Ronan Chagas <ronisbr@...> wrote:

Hi guys!

First of all, sorry if this is not the correct list to post something like this.

openSUSE has many mailing lists and some are very active. I, as a developer,
must follow some to make sure I did not miss an important news. However, IMHO,
mailing lists through e-mails are not that good anymore. It is very difficult
to search for a message (if you did not archive everything, then you must rely
on the on-line database), if you delete a message, reply to that thread is not
very straightforward, etc.

I am wondering why do we not change to a more modern platform created with this
kind of discussion in mind? In Julia project, they setup a discourse
(http://discourse.julialang.org). It turn out that it is very good. In my
opinion, much better than mailing lists using e-mails.

What do you think about this?

Cheers,
Ronan

Contra: e-mail / mailing-lists are easy to archive and to search through.
Please show how to archive a "discourse" or other forum / chat platform,
how easy can you search through older messages, even with complex search
terms ?

- Yamaban