[opensuse-factory] Proposal: Let's move to a more modern platform
Hi guys!

First of all, sorry if this is not the correct list to post something like this.

openSUSE has many mailing lists and some are very active. I, as a developer,
must follow some to make sure I did not miss an important news. However, IMHO,
mailing lists through e-mails are not that good anymore. It is very difficult
to search for a message (if you did not archive everything, then you must rely
on the on-line database), if you delete a message, reply to that thread is not
very straightforward, etc.

I am wondering why do we not change to a more modern platform created with this
kind of discussion in mind? In Julia project, they setup a discourse
(http://discourse.julialang.org). It turn out that it is very good. In my
opinion, much better than mailing lists using e-mails.

What do you think about this?

Cheers,
Ronan
< Previous Next >