Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20180722: xserver 1.20 breaks optimus
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 11:32:49 +0100
Mykola Krachkovsky wrote:
вівторок, 24 липня 2018 р. 17:34:53 EEST Peter Suetterlin написано:
Peter Suetterlin wrote:
AFAIR the only change I made to the default setup was setting
"Bridge=primus" in /etc/bumblebee/bumblebee.conf. But it is almost two
years since I set it up, I might have forgotten something....

Thanks Andrei for making me remember this, because when I set this to
Bridge=virtualgl
things run fine. So the error is likely in the primus package...

Actually, primusrun or optirun with primus backend works too, but you have to
set PRIMUS_UPLOAD to 1 (texture) or 2 (PBO), on 0 (autodetect) it crashes.

Thanks Mykola!
Indeed this makes it run, too.

How did you learn about that variable? It seems it is nowhere mentioned
(bumblebee.conf, optirun manpage).