Re: [opensuse-factory] Is it possible to use a DUD file as yast add-on product input ?
On 13.07.2018 11:24, Normand wrote:
I have a DUD file previously generated by mkdud tool, and I am able to
pass it either in a modified install iso or passed as DUD=xxx boot
parameter to handle it during install phase.

BUT, is it possible to use the DUD file as input for Yast add-on on an
already installed machine ?

I did not found an obvious way in yast add-on menu.

You can only extract the RPMs from the DUD which is a cpio.gz archive
and add a repo from local RPMs or upload the RPMs to a repo server.

zcat foo.dud | cpio -idmv

E.g. replacing the kernel on the SUSE install ISO with mksusecd does it
like this.

Example call:
sudo mksusecd --create SLE-12-SP3-Server-DVD-x86_64-bsc1040182.iso
--initrd bsc1040182.dud --kernel for-iso/kernel-*.rpm --modules btrfs
--addon for-iso/kernel-*.rpm --addon-name "kernel update for
bsc#1040182" -- ./SLE-12-SP3-Server-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso

Cheers,
Sebastian