[opensuse-factory] VirtualBox build failure
Recently, VirtualBox builds started failing with messages like

[ 4886s] virtualbox-qt.i586: E: non-position-independent-executable (Badness: 10000) /usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox
[ 4886s] This executable must be position independent. Check that it is built
with
[ 4886s] -fPIE/-fpie in compiler flags and -pie in linker flags.
[ 4886s]
[ 4886s] (none): E: badness 60000 exceeds threshold 1000, aborting.

It seems a recent change in rpmlint has caused these failures.

The global CFLAGS for the kernel module builds does have a "-fno-pie" option; however, when I remove it, the build fails with the following:

cc1: error: code model kernel does not support PIC mode

I will try to fix this error, but until I do, VirtualBox will not be available for Factory and Tumbleweed.

Is there any way to change rpmlint's behavior while this problem is being fixed?

Larry