Re: [opensuse-factory] Update deps for texlive-biber
Thanks Dr. Werner Fink,

Let me know if I should also open a bug report

Chris

On 16 July 2018 at 12:55, Dr. Werner Fink <werner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 07:44:47AM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Chris Coutinho <chrisbcoutinho@xxxxxxxxx> [07-15-18 07:37]:
Hello,

I recently installed a fresh copy of Tumbleweed and tried to compile a TeX
document that contains a bibliography, for which I need to use the
`texlive-biber` package. Apparently, after some investigation I found out
that the new version of this package now requires the `perl-File-Slurper`
package to function properly - even trying to determine the package version
from the command line fails because the package can't be found.

How can I inform the package maintainer that the new dependency needs to be
added?

perl-File-Slurper is available in OSS

Information for package perl-File-Slurper:
Repository : openSUSE-Tumbleweed OSS
Name : perl-File-Slurper
Version : 0.012-1.2
Arch : noarch
Vendor : openSUSE
Installed Size : 28.6 KiB
Installed : No
Description :
This module provides functions for fast and correct slurping and
spewing. All functions are optionally exported. All functions
throw exceptions on errors, write functions don't return any
meaningful value.

Hmmm ... AFAICR the package texlive-biber requires texlive-biber-bin and
the last one requires perl(Biber) which is package perl-biber with the
following dependencies:

perl(Sort::Key)
perl(Text::Roman)
perl(Unicode::Collate)