Re: [opensuse-factory] Binutils 2.31
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018, Larry Finger wrote:

Adrian,

In binutils 2.31, relocation type R_X86_64_PLT32 for 32-bit PC-relative
branches has been enabled. With this change, VirtualBox VMs fail to start.

The kernel fix is in commit b21ebf2fb4cde16, and a similar fix is available
for VB in the VB Developers Mailing List and has been applied to Debian
unstable.

Is this new version of binutils in the pipeline for TW? If not, I will allow
the normal Oracle update process to get the fix, probably in VB 5.2.16, which
will likely be realeased in about 2 months. Should I push a new version of VB
with this fix to Factory?

Two month will be too late I guess, I expect the binutils update to happen
earlier.

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB