[opensuse-factory] OpenSLP and package openldap2
HI!

Given recent OpenSLP security issue I wonder whether package openldap2 should still be linked with OpenSLP. IMO the OpenSLP projects seems pretty dead and I suspect there might be more issues in that lib.

I've sent an inquiry about this to openldap-technical mailing list a couple of days ago:

Is anybody here using OpenSLP with OpenLDAP libs to locate LDAP directory servers?

I never used it and I only vaguely remember that Novell eDirectory instances was announced via SLP. But I don't know of any clients supporting that and therefore I wonder whether Linux distros should package OpenLDAP with SLP support.

The only response was from the Debian maintainer.
They dropped SLP support in 2015:

https://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201807/msg00027.html

Ciao, Michael.

< Previous Next >