Re: [opensuse-factory] Question about usage of the svn command
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 20:38:16 +0200
Op donderdag 12 juli 2018 20:00:34 CEST schreef stakanov:
If I want to run:

svn co https://github.com/liosha/osm2mp osm2mp

Why use svn instead of 'git clone' ?

on e.g. Leap or also TW, do I have to run the command as root (with sudo) or
do I run it as user?

As a user. Only install the result as root, if you want it systemwide
What would be the consequence running it as user? I suppose, if it is
possible, that I may not work at all. But if it would be restricted to that
specific user it would be O.k.

The whole thing is a converter script in perl that should transform gps data
to a garmin/tomtom etc compatible format.

Ihre E-Mail-Postf�cher sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und
alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member