Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Plasma Desktop freezes frequently.
On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 at 00:16, Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry for stating the obvious.
(and I'm actually surprised nobody else did yet. ;-)

But have you tried to install the proprietary nvidia driver already?

There are packages available for Tumbleweed as well since quite a while...
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers

Yes. The freeze happened with the proprietary drivers too. But I
didn't capture the logs. Also, surprisingly, the CPU utilization of
kwin, plasmashell is much lower with the nouveau driver. With leap
42.2, I had better performance with proprietary Nvidia drivers.
Yesterday I updated to the 09 July snapshot and I haven't had a freeze
even once, even when choosing highest quality and frame rate of
ProjectM visualization.