Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Plasma Desktop freezes frequently.
Manvendra Bhangui composed on 2018-07-10 15:26 (UTC+0530):

Each time it happens, this is what I see in the logs. What do you
think is happening?

I don't know whether you are using Wayland or Xorg, but if using one, try the
other. If that doesn't help, it's worth trying the other FOSS Xorg driver in an
Xorg session. To use:

Ctrl-Alt-Fn
login as root
zypper rm xf86-video-nouveau
log out of your X session
restart X or reboot
log into an Xorg/Plasma session

and see if it helps. If you check Xorg.0.log you should see instead of
nouveau(0) Xorg reports you are using modeset(0) (on the lines that say
"connected" and many others). It's what my GT218 uses in 42.2, 42.3, 15.0 and
TW.

Other things to try may not help, but it shouldn't hurt to try:

1-disable Plymouth, temporarily by appending plymouth.enable=0 to the boot
stanza you use in Grub. If it helps, remove the plymouth package with zypper or
yast.

2-Deselect enble compositor on startup

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/