Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed (Kubic) Installation on MD Raid
  • From: Marcel <wittemar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 18:12:29 +0200
Thanks for the info :) So I can leave it away and it will work with a
single root partition? Will grub be able to boot from btrfs? Will a
RAID 1 work in this case?

On Fri, Jul 06, Marcel Witte wrote:

Hi,

at the moment I try to install openSUSE Kubic on a RAID system:

md0: sda1 + sdb1 RAID 1 /boot ext3
md1: sda2 + sdb2 RAID 0 swap swap
md2: sda3 + sdb3 RAID 1 / btrfs

I can create such setup in the storage part of the installation, but in
the
end the installation of grub2 is failing because it does not find the md
device. If I look in the created grub.cfg file root is set to /dev/md0
(and
not /dev/sda1 for example). How can I install openSUSE to a RAID boot
device?
Shouldn't it be possible to use /boot as RAID 1 device and tell grub to
only
use the partition from one of the disks?

openSUSE Kubic does not support a seperate /boot partition, you should
have seen a warning about this.
openSUSE Kubic is not openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG
Nuernberg)