[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed (Kubic) Installation on MD Raid
  • From: Marcel Witte <wittemar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 15:46:06 +0200
Hi,

at the moment I try to install openSUSE Kubic on a RAID system:

md0: sda1 + sdb1 RAID 1 /boot ext3
md1: sda2 + sdb2 RAID 0 swap swap
md2: sda3 + sdb3 RAID 1 / btrfs

I can create such setup in the storage part of the installation, but in the
end the installation of grub2 is failing because it does not find the md
device. If I look in the created grub.cfg file root is set to /dev/md0 (and
not /dev/sda1 for example). How can I install openSUSE to a RAID boot device?
Shouldn't it be possible to use /boot as RAID 1 device and tell grub to only
use the partition from one of the disks?

Cheers,
Marcel