Re: [opensuse-factory] Upcoming changes to HiDPI scaling in Qt
Hi,

Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2018, 08:48:39 CEST schrieb Jiri Slaby:
Hi,

On 06/29/2018, 03:33 PM, Fabian Vogt wrote:
During Leap 15.0 development, a focus was on the experience with HiDPI
(>96 pixels per inch) monitors.

If you mean upcoming, does it mean that it is in factory/TW by now? Or
is it only about Leap 15?

It's not in TW just yet - before I submit it I'll give it a final test on HiDPI
hardware. I only tested the two patches (physical DPI as logical DPI and
sanitation of physical dimensions in the EDID) separately but not together yet.

If it turns out to work well for TW users, it'll be part of 15.1.

Look out for changes in application appearance and report any bugs.
If you have a HiDPI system with custom configuration for DPI or scale, try
reset it to the defaults again and check whether it behaves as expected.

I would love to see some nice multi-dpi support (normal-dpi + hi-dpi
connected at once here).

You might be interested in https://phabricator.kde.org/D12405.

I did some config fiddling without any good
results and I do not remember how and what. How do I perform the reset?

In the Fonts KCM, uncheck "Force DPI for fonts".
It should take effect immediately for newly started applications.

Cheers,
Fabian

thanks,