Re: [opensuse-factory] Upcoming changes to HiDPI scaling in Qt
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 16:25:31 +0300
понеділок, 2 липня 2018 р. 14:19:24 EEST Michal Srb написано:
But X
developers have strong opinion that since the value is deprecated, use of
it should be discouraged so it will remain at 96 DPI.
Yeah, I see a reason behind that as it deprecated. But there are a lot of
applications that doesn't know about that, mostly gtk2 like Inkscape, GIMP.
While I don't use GIMP a lot, I use Inkscape often and at 96 it looks too
small.

There are many
options and it is up to the application/framework to decide.
In perfect world — yes. But IMHO, it's better to remove global DPI at all,
this least would force developers of toolkits like gtk2 to fix it in a proper
way or application developers to ditch unsupported toolkits. Or global DPI it
to primary screen to make that old-style applications at least readable.

Qt is now switching from using 1) and 2) to using only 2), which is great!
Thank you Fabian for doing this work.
Yes, that's good.

--
Kind regards,