Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20180627: Many games stoped working
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 11:00:12 +0100
Michal Srb wrote:

I have seen this issue recently with "dosbox -fulscreen" failing to set
resolution. It is broken with xf86-video-modesetting running on intel gpu,
while xf86-video-intel works fine.

Confirmed, the intel driver works (see my other post).

The issue is that X server is trying to set resolution with the doublescan
flag but the i915 driver refuses it. The failure bubbles all the way up to
the
X client as a BadValue error. When you use xf86-video-intel, it filters those
resolutions out.

But is it a change in xorg-server? That one had last been updated June 18.
Hmm, I cannot tell if I had tried tu run one of the affected programs since
then...

The question is why are those resolutions even offered as option. I did not
debug deeper, so I don't know at what level are they added to the list.

For me it even crashes with xrandr. I get one resolution offered for
1920x1080,

1920x1080 59.97 59.96 59.93

but when I do 'xrandr -s 1920x1080' screen is black and dead, I have to kill X.

For now, I've opened a bugreport: boo#1099812