Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20180627: Many games stoped working
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 09:54:49 +0100
Peter Suetterlin wrote:
The DE used?

KDE. Will have to check if I have some other WM installed for a test.
But you should probably rather have asked for the GPU (which is an Intel
HD530), at least googling for this error messages always points to X or the
GPU driver.

OK, it's the modesetting driver it seems. I cannot even do 'xrandr -s
1920x1080' - it will also leave me with a black screen. Even tried logging in
on VT, setting DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY and calling xrandr again from there. It
claims it has zero reolutions available (although it does list 20+ when called
without arguments).

Running with the intel driver instead of modesetting everything works.
Will file a bugreport (after checking if the latest update changes things, but
I think it didn't do anything to X)