Re: [opensuse-factory] mutt 1.9.1 reports itself as neomutt ???
* Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxx> [05-31-18 07:31]:
On 2018-05-30T23:32:08, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

then if it is neomutt, it should be packaged as neomutt, not mutt

Fair. I prefer neomutt by far (and am amused, because I still remember
how mutt started as patches to elm) with the whole search and other
stuff build in, but if there are two distinct projects, they shouldn't
be conflated like this.

doesn't really matter if they are "two distinct projects", they are two
distinct "products". mutt != neomutt != mutt

it does matter and we do not need all the neomutt patches. and neomutt is
not copyright Michael Elkins, mutt is.

It still is mostly Michael's copyright of course.

mostly doesn't work. mutt *is* Michael Elkins copyright.

the package is fscked and needs fixing, it doesn't even report the
correct version.

Open a bugzilla and submit a new mutt package and a rename of the
current mutt to neomutt?

are you only reading the last of the thread? there is a bug # reported
earlier. and I want mutt as the package indicates, not neomutt. and mutt
patches to accomplish features from neomutt are ok because it is still
mutt.

thankyou for your concern