Re: [opensuse-factory] mutt 1.9.1 reports itself as neomutt ???
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 11:27:39 +0100
Stefan Seyfried wrote:
On 29.05.2018 23:27, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
but it is WRONG. it is not neomutt and should not report as such.

You are probably WRONG.

What is wrong is that there does exist a real mutt (from mutt.org, currently
at 1.10.0), which - while having taken over some patches from neomutt - is a
separate thing.

The build in OS seems to be based on neomutt, and not on mutt. So it should
not be called mutt.

see that neomutt-20170912.tar.gz? That's what mutt is built from.

Yes, on OS. So it's not mutt, but neomutt.

And in the end, it does not matter if it is "mutt with a hell of a lot of
patches" or "neomutt".
If (and why) we need an additional "neomutt" package, I do not know.

the neomutt one seems to be the latest neomutt, whereas neomutt-20170912
rather is some old(er) thing...

It *is* somewhat irritating what is going on there...

(and no, it's not because I have problems with compatibility or anything)