Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Opening private bugs

On 30/05/18 11:47, Basil Chupin wrote:

Someone for some reason many moons ago created a list called Factory.
Now, at that time the name was appropriate for whatever reason but now a
newbie would see that list name and wonder what the heck is that all
about. The reason why I suggested above for the name to be changed to
Development (or something along this line).

The same applies to the name if this new mail list, opensuse-support.
The name is too broad, too meangingless. Why not call a spade a spade
and make the name 'Leap/Tumbleweed Users' Support' or similar. Direct,
to the point. A newbie sees this name and knows exactly what to expect
when s/he subscribes to the list. The name is too long, you say? OK,
make it 'Leap/TW Support'.

BC

The board considered both these options and decided against them for now
we were trying to be conservative with the amount of changes we were
making at once.

Cheers

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30