Re: [opensuse-factory] Killing Group tag in .spec files
Hi,

Am 30.05.2018 um 11:10 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

On Wednesday 2018-05-30 10:50, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
It was not so much about installation, but exploration in related
software.

Actually the Group index in YaST is what I use _every time_ I install a
system.
I'm always annoyed by wrong or inconsistent tags though but now I
understand that many people do not really care. :-(

Luckily, there's at least one person that cares about trying to fix
a mismatching Group: field once so spotted :)

I did so as well but not for every case. Feels like DonQuichote.

Which group(s) do you "+"-select in yast when installing a system? I just find
it hard to believe anyone would literally install *all* the pieces from CPAN
that found their way into openSUSE. Just considering the ACME::* subspace of
Perl, not even cboltz is bold enough to have installed all of them at the same
time.

I do not select whole groups. But I use the group index to find software
I might be interested in. That is totally not the case for libraries or
perl modules since those hopefully are pulled in by dependencies. But
for applications or server daemons I use this index to select certain
packages.

Wolfgang