Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Mailinglist changes going forward
On 2018-05-29 23:30, Fraser_Bell wrote:
On 05/28/2018 09:39 AM, Neil Rickert wrote:

On 05/28/2018 09:50 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:

My experience has been that reporting my own mistakes and
misconfiguration on bugzilla simply ends up in a WONTFIX.  It may
be that the developer didn't have time or patience to explain what
*I* was doing wrong and that there really wasn't a bug, or it may
be that (s)he didn't want to bothered tracing why this bug happens,
what fringe/test-case brings it up.

For users in this situation, my best advice would be to post to the
opensuse forums (forums.opensuse.org).  Quite a few people do that
already.  And theyare advised to open a bug report when that is
appropriate.

Exactly.  It is a great Forum, with great Volunteer Support, and is
Moderated so that the garbage that floods these mail lists tends to be
almost totally absent.

Then, it is Ok to post to the web forum asking if something is a bug or
an error, but it is not ok to ask the same thing in the mail list?

You mean that there is no Wonderful Volunteer Support on the mail list?

:-O

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.