Re: [opensuse-factory] Opening private bugs
On 2018-05-29 12:58, Simon Lees wrote:

On 29/05/18 20:13, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-05-29 07:34, Richard Brown wrote:
By having this new "send-only" mailinglist, monitored by
SUSE-employeed volunteers, we now have one, easy to remember, place
for openSUSE contributors to go when they are impacted by the lack of
information about a bug.
It is not a mailinglist for discussion, just a simple way of reaching
out for help to a whole team at once.
This should be far more efficient than the previous approach of "just
find the nearest SUSE-employeed volunteer and ask them nicely".

Question.

If it is "send-only", the sender will not see the reply unless you send
the reply both to mail list and direct to poster. Or perhaps only to
the poster.

Yes this is true, but we can manage that

Suppose the same question is asked by another person sometime later
(months?). As he can not read the list, he doesn't know that there is a
previous answer. Maybe it is not even archived, so perhaps you have to
write again another answer.

Hopefully in most cases this won't happen as for most bugs we should be
able to at least make some parts of the bug public, when / if it does it
won't be hard to copy/paste the previous answer

But you see, the information you write in a single post to the person
that asked is not public. It is private. Only one person sees it.

Question 2 / idea.

When someone says in a bugzilla that this bug is duplicate of another
private bug, instead of then asking on the mail list, the data could
simply be posted to the 2nd bugzilla, where is archived and searchable.

Yep that would be upto individual package maintainers / whoever is
assigned to the bug, or maybe they will even just open up parts of the
private bug, this has also happened in the past.

No, I mean. Why doesn't the volunteer team write the info in the
bugzilla instead of using email?

Ok, ask for it in the mail list, but write the answer in the bugzilla
instead. That way it is public and open for anybody to see.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.