Re: [opensuse-factory] Opening private bugs

On 29/05/18 02:59, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 28/05/18 12:12 PM, Simon Lees wrote:
As I said in my
original email SUSE Engineering is currently looking into how they can
do this but at the same time stay within there various requirements that
ensure customer information stays private.

I can read that as "they can benefit from our experience and bug reports
because
we're not 'professional' enough but we can't benefit from theirs".

Please explain why this is not the case.

There are various certifications that SUSE needs to have in order to
fulfill many of there contracts with customers, these state alongside
other things that customer info must remain private. In the past before
the shared code base the easiest most logical way to do this was to
simply make all SLE bugs private, as I said SUSE Engineering understands
this won't work into the future and are looking into alternatives.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30