Re: [opensuse-factory] Opening private bugs
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 07:35:49 +0200
Basil Chupin wrote:

I am confused.

There is the facility for openSuSE (oS) users to report/submit bugs
using Bugzilla (whatever). And from what I have read so far, there are
cases where the oS user finds out that the bug has either already been
submitted or even possibly solved because it concerned the commercial
product SUSE/SLE and, therefore, the oS user is unable to see the
discussion which occurred or is occurring re the solution to this bug
because of customer confidentiality concerns.

Hi Basil,

I believe it typically happens when an openSUSE report is closed as a
duplicate of a SUSE report - the latter is often not available to
non-staff and non-customers. At this point the bug may not have been
resolved yet, but the work will be tracked in the private report.

So what is now proposed is that after the oS user has gone to Bugzilla
and tried to submit a bug report and came across the confidentiality
hurdle s/he now will have to write a bug report in this new proposed
mail list, opensuse-bugshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx,

As far as I have understood, the list is meant as an interface - you
want access to a private bug report, write to the list and ask. The
report could be made public or you could be given the info you need.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.6°C)
member, openSUSE Heroes